This is a guide to how you manage the viewing and editing of a contract
The contract view screen holds a number of different types of metadata as well as related information regarding the contract.
At the top, the contract number and contract title can be seen along with a panel holding the status of all obligations associated with this contract. The screen then consists of two parts:
- The contract metadata section holds all standard fields as well as any potential Flex Fields.
- A number of panels holding various types of related information relevant to the contract.
- Contract Parties: legal entities associated with the specific Contract
- Documents/Important Documents: all the contract documents, exhibits, appendices, correspondence, etc., associated with the contract
- Obligations: all obligations associated with the contract
- Related Contracts: other contracts relating to the contract
- Contacts: names, email addresses and roles of all relevant people (internal as well as external) associated with the contract
- Issues: all issues associated with the contract
- Access: all additional accesses associated with the contract
Hence a contract can be viewed as a "container" holding all relevant information about the contract.
Changing the status of the contract
The status of the contract can be one of the following:
- Draft: The contract is being defined but is still not ready/finalised. No notifications are sent out, but the contract will as default be shown on contract lists.
- Approved: The contract is approved and notifications are sent out. The contract will as default be shown on contract lists.
- Closed: The contract is closed or terminated and no notifications are sent out. The contract will as default NOT be shown on contract lists.
The status of the contract can be changed by clicking on one of the two buttons on the top of the contract view screen (in the above example the contract is "Approved” and the status can be changed by clicking on either the “Draft” or “Close” buttons in the top of the contract view screen - see above screen example).
Note: Once a contract is approved, you have to be Account Administrator to put it back into draft status.
Deleting a Contract
When a contract has a "Draft" status, you can delete the contract by clicking on the "Delete" button at the top of the contract view screen. If you need to delete an already "Approved" or "Closed" contract, you first have to change the status of the contract to "Draft".
Note: When deleting a contract, ALL data on the contract are deleted, including obligations, tasks, documents etc.
Editing a Contract
A contract can be edited by clicking on the "Edit" button at the top of the contract view screen after which the following pop-up window appears:
It is possible to edit all fields on the contract. After changing the relevant information, click on the "Save" button and you will return to the contract view screen.
It is also possible to change the Contract Type for the Contract. In this case, a warning appears as different contract types can have different numbers of flex fields and therefore needs to re-generate these fields when changing the contract type.
Click on the "OK" button to carry out the change of the contract type.
The number of contract notes and the possibility to add contract notes can be seen on the top right-hand side of the contract view screen:
Contract notes can be added by clicking on the "Note" icon on the top right-hand side of the contract view screen after which a small pop-up window appears.
In the pop-up, a detailed description/note can be entered:
After entering relevant information, you click on the "Save" button and will return to the Contract View screen.
To show all Notes on the Contract click on the "Notes"-icon right next to the "+" icon (see figure above).
Note: Contract notes are for internal use only and cannot be reported upon or deleted.